Phase 2 Overview
The Project Team has prepared the draft Tree Protection Bylaw for your review. The draft Tree Protection Bylaw reflects the findings from the Key Directions in Phase 1 and works to address the challenges raised by Council, community members, stakeholders and District staff.
As part of Phase 2 there are two ways to get involved by:
- attending a virtual presentation and Q&A session on May 11 at 7 p.m.
- completing the Phase 2 Survey on the draft Tree Protection Bylaw by May 31.
- the short form survey takes approximately 5 minutes to complete, whereas the long form survey take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
The Phase 2 Survey enables respondents to observe the effects of the draft bylaw on specific tree protection contexts as compared to the current bylaw and rate the satisfaction of results. Open ended questions provide for unscripted responses. This allows participants with a clearer sense of trade-offs and impacts of the draft bylaw changes before the bylaw proceeds to Council.
This feedback will help further shape the draft Tree Protection Bylaw. At the conclusion of Phase 2 the Project Team will present to Council a:
- final report
- draft Tree Protection Bylaw
- draft species list
- draft District Tree Policy for Municipal Lands; and the
- Phase 2 engagement summary.